Finding A BalancePosted: October 31, 2011
After much contemplation I’ve realized that I was slowly regressing back into old habits. For weeks now I’ve felt like I was drowning and just overwhelmed by everything. But that’s ok because I know that the recovery process from an eating disorder is a slow and gradual one. Realistically change doesn’t happen overnight….I feel like I need to constantly remind myself this.
The only thing I’m thankful for now is that I caught myself in time before it became any worse. So I’m taking back control and actively taking the necessary steps to finding the right balance again.
‘Though no one can go back and make a new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new end’
Feeding The Mind, Body And Soul: My approach for the upcoming month!
Some Affirmations I found to help me along the way 🙂
- If I have inside of me the stuff to make cocoons, then maybe the stuff to make butterflies is there, too.
- I rest when my body tells me to.
- I will not wait to have a good day. I will make one.
- I will dwell on the positive affirmations and things in my life, and they will become my aspiration.
- My free time can be used creatively, inventively, and imaginatively. I do not need to use it for routine habits, which are unimportant and unhealthy.
- I will not be embarrassed by my pain. I will go through it with dignity. It will enhance me.
- If I break my habits and shake up my day a bit, I will gain new impressions and understanding.
During November I will focus on the good stuff that happens every day. Making sure I appreciate every moment, because it’s the little moments that make me happiest.
Today I am glad to be ME!