Apple & Cinnamon MuffinsPosted: September 23, 2011
Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday. ~ Author Unknown
Yes it’s that time of the week again. When we can all breathe a sigh of relief & relax!
I was up nice and early ready for my 5k run and even did the Hill twice halfway through…so I guess my run was a little over 5k today! Got back home and did the whole Chocolate milk, Stretching & Breakfast.
Not too soon after I decided to bake some Muffins 🙂
Apple & Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 1 cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Granny Smith Apple cored & chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Egg
- Mix Flour and Cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk Soy milk, Egg and Olive oil in a smaller bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Mixture should still be lumpy.
- Add chopped Apple and stir to combine. Don’t over mix!
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into each Muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 25mins. Allow to stand in pan for 5mins before serving.
These Muffins made their way into my Morning Snack and Afternoon Snack 🙂
Also had an afternoon workout which consisted of 45mins of Intervals on the bike. I followed this up with of course Chocolate milk, Stretching & Ice Bath. The rest of my afternoon/evening included a bit Reading & TV.
Saturday: 7:30am 10k Club Run, Lunch with Family Friends, Dinner will be at a Vietnamese Restaurant for a friends Birthday! I will be out all day!!
Sunday: 7am 15k run and then some grocery shopping later in the day.
What are your plans for the Weekend?
“Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.”
— John Shirley