Goal SettingPosted: August 24, 2011
A little rundown on how I use Goal-Setting to improve my performance.
- Dream Goals –These are generally several years away and sometimes difficult to achieve. But I still make them and slowly work towards them.
- Intermediate Goals – This where I want to be at a specific time. An example of this is wanting to reduce your PB within the next 2-3months.
- Short Term/Daily Goals – This is the most important step for me. Writing down my Training Schedule each week and To Do Lists each day! This provides me a with a good framework to focus on my training sessions each day.
As important it is to set goals for competitions its equally important to set goals for practice sessions too 🙂
That being said here are my upcoming Races I have to look forward to!
- 4th September Bankstown Half Marathon (ill be doing the 5km at this event)
- 18th September Blackmore Sydney Running Festival (Bridge Run 9.2km)
- 16th October St George Bank Brighton Beachside Dash (5km or 10km)
- 23rd October Rotary Club of Maroubra Fun Run (4km)
- 6th November Rebel Sport Run4Fun (10km)
- 13th November Bare Creek Trail Run (6km or 10km)
I didn’t beat my alarm this morning! So at 5:30am I was up and got ready to leave for my run.
I started off my workout with a 3km warm up run. Then Hill Sprints x7, I wasn’t that happy with this since last week I managed to do x8. But I redeemed myself and finished with a fast 2km run back home! Once I got home I moved on to do some Light Weights: Shoulder Press 15 reps x2, Side Raise 15 reps x2, Bicep Curls 20 reps x2.
Post Workout: Overnight Oats with Mixed Berries, Chopped Apple, Yogurt, Muesli
Morning Snack: Strawberries & Sultanas
I always finish the Strawberries first!
Lunch: Spinach + Tomatoes + Four Bean Mix, Zucchini Chips, Carrot Chips & Parfait
I’ve already pre-prepared my Dinner and Snacks for tonight since I will be out babysitting 🙂
Afternoon Snack: Grapefruit + Strawberries
I hope Everyone is having a lovely week so far 🙂