Stretching to Avoid InjuryPosted: August 23, 2011
What I do while watching TV!
Lots of stretching. One of my fave things to do, I find it quite relaxing. This probably has to be one of the good habits I’ve formed!
Benefits from Stretching:
- Helps you avoid injury
- Increase the level at which you can comfortably perform
- Increase your range of motion
- Contributes to the speed at which you recover from high levels of effort
- Allows you to increase your training volume without risking injury
- Boosts your ability to compete in back to back events
So get Stretching! You will be Suppler, Faster & a more Successful Athlete 🙂
Some of Today’s Edibles:
Breakfast: Wholemeal English Muffin with Spinach & Egg, Blueberry Jam & Brazil Nut and Linseed Spread + Apple Slices.
Morning Snack: Carrot Sticks + Sesame Snaps
Lunch: Salad (Spinach, Cucumber, Baby Carrots, Peas, Green Beans) + Parfait
Workout: 45mins Stationary Bike + 30min Tempo Run
Post Workout: Chocolate Milk + Instant Oats (Cinnamon, Goji Berries, Yogurt)
Night Time Snackage: Prunes, Semi dried Figs, Mandarin
Early Morning run tomorrow 🙂